Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

BFP??? BFP!!!

I just couldn't believe what they told be -- surely they got my results mixed up with someone else's! Time to POAS (for all of you not familiar with fertility terms: pee on a stick, a.k.a a home pregnancy test.) I took 2 tests to make sure that it was really positive - and I still didn't believe it (and, if not for my mild morning sickness and the fact that I was so tired and had to use the bathroom ALL THE TIME, there are times I still don't believe how blessed I am).

Then the wait for the first ultrasound to make sure the baby was in the right place - and to find out how many there were! On 11/13/09, after I held my breath and watched the doctor's expression to see if it was good news, I saw one precious little miracle measuring at 6 weeks 6 days whose heart rate was 143 beats per minute! Another peek at the baby on 12/01/09 showed the little one measured perfectly at 9 weeks and 3 days with a heart rate of 182 beats per minute. Dr. S said s/he was even sucking their thumb! Then time to graduate from my fertility doctor - which was hard, but fortunately, since I was doing the intralipid treatments, I get to go back to see them every month until 24 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment