Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jonelle "Nellie"


Jonelle "Nellie"
May 6, 1995 - May 11, 2010

I lost one of my beloved 3 little kittens today. Nellie, my beautiful frosted calico, fought a courageous battle against cancer but it was too strong for her. She held on longer than her doctor and I thought possible, probably trying to get me as far into the pregnancy as she could. She is survived by her biological brother, her adopted sister, me (her mommy), and a soon-to-be-born sister.

During her 15 years, she fought many battles and won. She had severe allergic reactions to food, several bouts of illnesses, diabetes, renal failure, had a couple of surgeries including needing a feeding tube a couple of years ago, and was able to triumph over all of those diseases. Unfortunately, she had already used up her 9 lives (and maybe more) and the cancer was untreatable. This afternoon she passed away peacefully. She was so much more than a "pet" to me - she was my baby and I'm going to miss her so much!

The above is one of the many pictures I have of her. This one is from this past Christmas, while she's "opening" her present. Bows were her favorite toy - she spent so much time playing with it on Christmas day that the fur around her mouth turned pink. So cute!

Nellie, my pretty girl, rest in peace. I'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment