Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Introducing . . .




. . . Markin JoyAna
.
My little Sweet Pea arrived safely via c-section on 6.26.10 at 10:10 a.m. She weighs 7 pounds and 2 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. She has tons of dark brown hair and long fingers and toes. She is absolutely perfect in every way!
.
We did an u/s right before the c-section and she was still breech, so we had no choice but to do the c-section to get her here safely. And it was a good thing we did do the c-section - her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice! Very scary to think what would've happened to her if the external version had been successful!
.
Markin had a little bit of a problem keeping her body temperature up, so we did some skin-to-skin cuddling and she also had to go to the nursery to use the warmer for an hour. Other than that, she's been great! She had her first bath tonight and I got to watch - and I only had to watch them change her first messy diaper since I was still stuck in bed!
.
I did manage to take a short walk tonight and keep some toast down. I had some vomiting earlier from the meds but a dose of benedryl (3rd med we tried) seems to be doing the trick. I was finally able to sit up at 8:30 and walked around the room shortly after that. Other than the nausea, I've been pretty painfree and hopeful for a quick recovery!
.
ps - the pictures are in reverse order.


No comments:

Post a Comment