Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Should I switch?

As some of you might know, I was really disappointed with my last ob visit. My appt was at 3:30, and I showed up 10 minutes early, as requested. Well, they told me the doctor was running behind and sent me to the lab first to take the 2nd past of the sequential screening test. After the bloodwork was done, I went upstairs to wait for the doctor. The receptionist told me she was running a half hour behind - well, I didn't get to see her until 4:40! She had trouble finding the baby's heartbeat - that was the longest 90 seconds of my life - made worse by the fact that she looked panicked. Then, I had a list of questions I needed to ask, and she wasn't able to answer some of the most important ones (I know English is her second language, but if she didn't understand, she should've asked clarifying questions - as it was, I tried rewording it 3 ways before she just refused to even try to answer it). Also, she JUST read my chart from the fertility doctor. At my last u/s at that office, I got a very grumpy technician - and as much as I'm looking forward to my next u/s to find out if the baby is a boy or girl, I'm also dreading it because of that last experience. So, if I switch offices for this next visit, I might get a doctor who can answer my questions and a different u/s technician - and think that might be my plan. But I have less than 2 weeks before my appt, so I need to do that right away this week! Fortunately, the practice is large enough that they have 2 separate offices in town in addition to several in nearby communities, so I might have some options for trying out new docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment